Re: Build stuck in Needs-Build

Hi Mattias!

I know this is not about sh4 but alpha, but still:

On 09/25/2017 04:32 AM, Mattias Ellert wrote:
The build of nordugrid-arc 5.4.0-1 on sh4 seems to be stuck in Needs-
Build.

It could be that your package has been blocked on the buildds, either
intentionally or it failed to build too many times in the past that
sbuild added it to ~buildd/build/SBUID_GIVEN_BACK from where it needs
to be removed.

There has been long stretches of time where it has been the only
package in Needs-Build while at the same time no packages have been
Building. Packages appearing in the Needs-Build queue after this
package have built fine, so it is not just that the queue was suspended
to be drained for some reason.

The problem is also sometimes that people upload lots of big packages
like gcc with a high frequency and we currently don't have a mechanism
yet to automatically abort builds at this point. Any build, once it has
started, will be finished by the buildd. That's what uploaders should
always keep in mind, especially when it comes to larger packages.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz