Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:35:20PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Yeah, apparently it's cheaper to bootstrap a complete new little endian
> platform than to fix portability issues in existing software...

I believe a big reason is that Nvidia cards expect little endian data,
and the overhead of converting between the host and the nvidia cards is
big enough to matter.

power8+ and power9 will have nvlink connections on the CPU for a reason
after all.

--
Len Sorensen