Re: Unneeded SH4 boards

On 11/09/2015 09:04 PM, Vladimir Zapolskiy wrote:
> * at the moment only J2 core is available (=SH2), it is unclear when J3
> (=SH3) and then J4 (=SH4) appear, according to the roadmap J4 support
> will be done only at the end of 2016, I don't know Linus Torvalds plans,
> if he wants to keep unmaintained code for such a long period,

Linus _does never_ drop code which people are actively using. He slaps
anyone else who would try to do that.

Please stop crying wolf here, thank you! Yes, SuperH in the kernel is
currently marked as orphaned. But that does not mean Linus will kill
something that is still perfectly usable. We actually had one tiny
SuperH patch merged into the kernel earlier this year.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz