Re: binNMUs: please exercise some care

+++ Emilio Pozuelo Monfort [2015-10-23 11:49 +0200]:
> On 23/10/15 11:20, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> > How about, scheduling them all at once, but using the same version
> > number across arches when doing it (i.e. the largest)?
>
> Again, that involves determining what that number is for each package...

That is a single-page lookup, though, so only one lookup, not one for
each arch e.g: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=harfbuzz

> Instead of all that manual work for every transition, you could ping
> #758616 and try to get this solved at its root.

It would clearly be better if we either did sourceful rebuilds or
fixed the 'binNMU skew' problem. But we do need to do something
reasonably soon otherwise it's not going to be ready for Stretch
either.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/