Re: Bug 561891: Is FTBFS for fio on SuperH (sh4) resolved?

Hi,

Sorry for reply.

2011/8/3 Martin Steigerwald <ms@teamix.de>:
> Hello Nobuhiro, Paul, hello Debian SuperH maintainers, hello Jens,
>
> I am seeking information on the current status regarding
>
> Please support sh4
> http://bugs.debian.org/561891
>
> and eventually help in resolving it if it has not already been resolved.
>
> When I am reading
>
> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=fio&suite=unstable
>
> correctly, then fio 1.50-1 has been build 167d before on buildd kongou.
>
> So is this issue resolved?
>
> If not, please offer help. There is a partial patch mentioned earlier in the
> bug report.

By this method, we cannot support both SH4 and SH4A. When we build
with machine of SH4A, a binary to work only in SH4A is built.
Because Debian SH team are supporting sh4 and sh4a in one binary, this
becomes the problem.
And this is a problem peculiar to Debian. It will not become the
problem in other distribution. (e.g., Gentoo)
It is necessary to check whether you do not do it whether we support
synco when we support both CPU's when we execute  *_barrier.
I think that this has a big overhead.

I attached quick hack patch.

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro