Re: [More-than-a-BSP] BSP + outreach / heterogeneity event in Paris, May 2017

Hi,

Mehdi Dogguy:
> On 07/02/2017 22:22, intrigeri wrote:

> Afterwards, we will have to question ourselves on the success of the
> event and how to improve the idea.

Sure. We have plans to prepare a questionnaire to gather info about
the attendees and feedback from them.

>> Total: 3300€ max.

> Approved.

>> We will handle sponsorship requests based on this estimate initially.
>> But it would be awesome to have some flexibility, in case we get lots
>> of requests from excellent wanna-be attendees. So a provision to bump
>> the above numbers up to 30 people would be more than welcome.
>> This means a budget up to 5000€.

> Granted. I guess you'll also be limited by Mozilla's place.

Thanks!

>> I hope that solidarity hosting can cut these costs down. Please let us
>> know if you can host people in Paris during that week-end, you'll save
>> Debian some money!
>>

> Now that you have a blog (yay!), you may post on Debian's Planet to reach
> out to a broader audience and make call for help/proposals/hosters/sponsors/
> etc… But I am sure you already thought about this :-)

Sure, we'll do that soonish (once the event is announced publicly).

>> Sponsorship requests will be handled by a "bursaries" group delegated
>> by the event organization team. The (rough) selection criteria will be
>> a mix of: being part of an under-represented/dominated group; travel
>> cost (because sometimes it's better to bring 2 people rather than 1);
>> relevance to Debian (e.g. specific skills, or highly motivated); how
>> much sponsorship is needed for the person to attend. We're newbies at
>> this craft, so if experimented people want to point us to relevant
>> resources, I certainly wouldn't mind :)

> You may want to study how bursaries have been handled for past DebConf
> editions. Not sure it is really needed to follow the same rules but it
> will give you some ideas.

Sure. We'll get in touch with the DebConf bursaries team to avoid
reinventing the wheel.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri