Re: My report from Debian Med sprint 1.+2. February 2014 in Stonehaven

Dear all,

Below is my report from the Debian Med sprint in Stonehaven
(https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/Meeting/Aberdeen2014).

On the Saturday, I participated in Andreas' live packaging session where
we packaged seqtk and dnaclust. I found the documentation for dnaclust
and produced a man page for inclusion in the package.

With my new Debian packaging knowledge, I packaged a personal project
python-fitbitscraper [1] as python3-fitbitscraper in Debian. This effort
ran to the end of the sprint.

[1]: http://github.com/irl/python-fitbitscraper

Luca's peer-to-peer database has a similar source structure to the
python-fitbitscraper package, and I have agreed to work with him on the
documentation and produce Debian packages once the documentation is
complete.

On the Sunday, I gave a short demo of an example application using
personal health data from FitBit. A screenshot is available [2].

[2]: http://i.imgur.com/0NUpGc2.png

I also took some photos of the sprint activity [3].

[3]: http://irl.sdf.org/debmed2014/

(I will upload higher resolution photos tomorrow).

This was my first sprint and my first face-to-face interaction with
Debian and it was very enjoyable. Thanks to everyone involved.

Iain.

--
urn:x-human:Iain R. Learmonth
http://iain.learmonth.me/

GPG Fingerprint: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49
Please verify out-of-band before trusting with sensitive information.

[[[ To any GCHQ or other security service agents reading my email: ]]]
[[[ Please consider if any professional body code of conduct to    ]]]
[[[ which you subscribe requires you to follow Snowden's example.  ]]]
[[[ Your professional membership, chartered or incorporated status ]]]
[[[ may be at risk.                                                ]]]