Re: Closing due to lack of response.

Control: reopen -1

On 2/26/20 1:09 AM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> Hi! I'm closing this bug due to lack of response. Please feel free to
> reopen it or opening a new bug if you can provide us with more
> information as required.

The issue has not been fixed. Closing a bug without fixing the issue
behind it makes no sense. Bug reports are supposed to document issues,
closing reports means hiding issues.

The issue has not been properly addressed yet because it's fundamentally
difficult to fix. The bug is a result of an underlying design problem
which is a result of upstream ignoring that the upper 16 address bits
in a 64 bit physical address are reserved by Intel.

However, they have actually understood the problem now and they are
planning to address the problem in the near future since x86_64
and arm64 are expanding their virtual address spaces as well [1].

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz