Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

On 30 December 2015 at 10:19, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
On 12/30/2015 03:29 AM, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>> On 12/29/2015 01:31 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>>> http://users.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaubitz/debian-cd/debian-9.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso
>
> installed from this cd/iso version into LDOM, using local mirror and
> preseed configuration

Awesome, great to hear! Were there any issues you encountered?

 - spend too much time actually...

Yeah, this is currently inevitable. This is still work-in-progress and
as long as I don't have physical hardware for testing, it's hard to
make the proper improvements.

> now i have fully 64bit unstable/sid with 4.3 kernel and systemd working.

Great. Let me know if you want me to set this up as a buildd. Since
this machine is extremely fast, we could run several buildd instances
without any noticable slow-down.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org

No go for me unfortunately. I'm using a preseed file with only "d-i debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated boolean true".

Start the installer with,
boot: install preseed/url="" href="http://x-server.olberg.name/preseed-sparc.cfg">http://x-server.olberg.name/preseed-sparc.cfg and as repo ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/ (which seems to work fine).

Which seems to work fine, until I get to the formatting part, where it seems to hang at 33%. This is in an LDOM on a T5140, tried changing from zvol to file, also tried ext2 and ext3 instead of ext4. Same result every time.

-kp