Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 12/29/2015 06:51 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Still doesn't work really.

Ok, this seems to be a problem with the network configuration of
my qemu setup. Can anybody report back who sits in front of real
hardware?

Damn- can anybody remind me how to get at the OBP settings from inside Solaris? I've got an Netra-20 reserved for this but it's auto-booting and I don't have a USB Sun keyboard with a Stop key.

eeprom

Booted off pukka CD-RW. This very earliest step was something that Debian has frequently got wrong, so I think it's worth testing.

Several messages "EXT2 superblock magic is wrong"
..
Debian installer main menu
Language selection inoperative
Keyboard selection works for British English
Network devices detected
Fails to allocate using DHCP (as expected)
Am able to enter an IP4 address
Correctly does a revers-lookup for the hostname
Ditto for domain name
Asks for manual entry of the Debian mirror

Above all subject to the fact that I'm using a keyboard and screen rather than a serial terminal, so there could be details lost in transcription.

I'm stopping there for the moment in the interest of supplying feedback promptly.

Well done everybody :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk