Re: Creating sparc64 installation images

On 12/24/2015 09:34 PM, Wim Coekaerts wrote:
> Silo works great

I have tested it on Linux only so far, but without a single issue!

> We are very close to finishing grub2 for sparc as well and once
> that's tested we are going to switch to grub2 for Linux for sparc
> so then we can do netboot

Wow, that's actually awesome to hear! Great work!

Oracle's efforts with Linux on sparc might really end up turning sparc64
into an official Debian port :). Just need to get a few package here and
there fix like Firefox and Thunderbird which currently fail to build
from source.

Btw, have all the changes mentioned in [1] been upstreamed? I'm
especially very interested in the changes made to gcc to enable
multiarch support because we are still having issues with that
in Debian which is why it's disabled in the Debian gcc packages
for sparc64 [2], line 18.

Adrian

https://oss.oracle.com/linux-sparc/docs/RELEASE-NOTES-1.0-en.html#ol_chgs_sparc
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-5/debian/patches/sparc-force-cpu.diff?view=markup