Re: [sparc] SunFire480R cassini network driver kernel panic

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 01:28, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 15:42 +0800, Aron Xu wrote:
>
>>> I can confirm that Debian Squeeze 6.0.4, with kernel
>>> linux-image-2.6.32-5-sparc64-smp, version 2.6.32-41 or
>>> 2.6.32-41squeeze2, does not crash anymore. The installation process is
>>> smooth (d-i prompts for a firmware), and the system is working well.
> [...]
>> Well I can't see any changes that might have fixed this.  Maybe there's
>> a difference between your machine and Hermann's?
>
> Aron, were you able to reproduce this with older kernels?
>
> The fundamental unresolved questions are: where was it panicking?  And
> why?  And why on Hermann's machine and not others?  Maybe someone can
> make progress by the printk method.
>
> Some references to people using the cassini driver with more or less
> success on similar (but presumably not identical) machines:
>
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.sparc/14032/focus=14044
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.sparc/14019/focus=14025

It's a bit hard for me now because the machine is in production now.
I'll come back to this report when I work on another one (yes, there
are another machine not in use, but I don't have access to it right
now).

--
Regards,
Aron Xu