Re: Sparc32 systems and power consumption

Bruce O'Neel wrote:

SS20/85 SuperSparcII        80watts

The 130W I cited for an SS20 was 2x 85MHz, both working hard. Also 2x not-very-new discs only 1x working hard.

I don't /think/ I did anything terminally dumb like having something plugged into the IEC outlet on the back of the machine, but I can't re-test since the system's now doing firewall duty. However the test files etc. I used are at http://www.jfgtelemetry.ltd.uk/ephemera/torture-test/torture-test.tgz, this is a set of scripts which require make, diff, gzip etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk