Re: Aptitude asks for installation CD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Desmond Rivet" <desmond.rivet@videotron.ca>
To: <debian-sparc@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 11:07 AM
Subject: Aptitude asks for installation CD

The only glitch I have (so far) is that aptitude keeps asking me for the
Network installation CD every time I want to install a piece of software.
Things work fine once I put the CD in the drive. I have installed Debian 3.1
on another (Intel) machine and this doesn't happen.

I still have sarge on my UltraSparc 1/170E, but it seems to me that the solution is to comment out or delete the lines referring to your CD-ROM in /etc/apt/sources.list .

Jim