Re: [sun]debian

This may be obvious, but make sure if you are directly connecting the
two computers together that you use a cross-over ethernet cable. If you
use a hub, switch or router between the two machines, regular ethernet
cables are fine. But between two computers, one set of paired wires must
"cross-over" to a different position, i.e. so the "out" signal from one
computer communicates with the "in" set on the other.

BTW, your description of what is wrong with the CDROM doesn't sound
quite right. I've used K3B to burn images for my Ultra 1 that work fine-
but remember, the CDROM should be burned at the lowest speed possible.
Don't exactly know why, but this has been written about time after
time.