Re: Dropping sparc32 for lenny

BERTRAND Joël wrote:

>         Maybe compiler version was critical. But since 2.4.21, I have tried all
> release between gcc-3.3 and gcc-4.1 without any success (and on several
> SS20 SMP with SM71 or RT626). X tough a lot of time to be initialized
> and randomly crashed when fb was leo or SX. CG6 was more stable.

In my case I think I've used whatever gcc version was in the last update of
Woody, and whatever came with Sarge up to something like gcc 3.3.5. The machines
I was using were all cgsix. I suspect that sun4d is particularly good at
demonstrating problems that might be lurking on other sparc32 machines.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk