Re: Dropping sparc32 for lenny

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 10:04:00PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 21:51 +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:
>
> IMO, because of the issues already noted, I think the Debian users have
> already dropped support for sparc32. So Debian making it official is
> just supporting reality, and not really changing it.
>
> In other words, make the move. Sparc32 community is definitely not what
> it used to be, and I'm doubting that anyone is seriously running 2.6.x
> kernels on sparc32 boxes anyway (if mine was still running, I'd be using
> 2.4.x for sure).

I am currently running 2.6.18-4-sparc32 on one of my sparc32s and I have
a custom 2.6.18 also. It makes me sad but I can accept this. I have
three sparc32s and was planning on installing debian one of the others
but now I will probably do openbsd or netbsd, I alread have openbsd on
the third sparc32. I also have one sparc64 (ultra30)that I can run
debian on, but it is much louder than the sparc32s, so I prefer them. I
recently had some problems with vlans on the sunhme so maybe a new os
will improve that too. Thanks for all the work that has gone into it,
debian is awesome and so are old computers!