Re: Sun Blade 100 install problems

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Juliet Kemp wrote:

Hi,

I have a Sun Blade 100, on which I have am trying to install Debian testing - it fails right at the start of the process. I'd be grateful for any pointers.

That is a pretty well-known problem. It usually does not trigger for Blade 100, but affects a lot of newer systems :-(. Our current hope is the new SILO version (1.4.11), which we are currently trying to get into the archive. I've build an unofficial sid xCD image with it, it would be very helpful if you could test it and report back your experiences. If you want to get a useable system, your pretty much only option at this point is to netboot.

[0] http://www.wooyd.org/d-i/debian-unofficial-sparc-binary.isoA

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org