Re: sparc64 2.6 SMP RED state exception

Blars Blarson a écrit :
I've submitted bug 361214 about the frequent sparc SMP crashes with 2.6

Is anyone running a sparc 2.6 SMP kernel and NOT having the system
crash under heavy disk I/O?  Please let the bug know if you have any
additional information.

I use a sparc64 SMP kernel on my U60 (and on my U420) without any trouble. Kernel is official kernel (not from debian tree): Linux bohr #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 10 23:27:31 CET 2006 sparc64 GNU/Linux

I don't have any trouble with sparc64 architecture, only with 2.6 and sparc32 :-( Maybe this bug come from the same location than the bug I have submitted in bugzilla.kernel.org (#6344)... DMA mistake that only occurs with heavy disk I/O...