Re: Debian on T2000?

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Alexis Rondeau wrote:

Hi all!

I hope this is the right mailinglist to ask if it is possible to install
Debian Sarge on a Sun T2000 (https://www.sun.com/T2000), which currently is
sporting Solaris.

No, it is currently not possible, since the support for T2000 appeared only recently, and is scheduled to be included in mainstream kernel 2.6.17. Once it is released, Debian will support this machine, but only in unstable, unless someone will care to do the backporting of the new kernel to sarge. To the best of my knowledge currently only Ubuntu sparc port has support for T2000, since they have merged the required patches into their kernel already.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org