RE: CD install (was Re: SS20 2.4 SMP)

On 12/4/02 at 4:10 PM, Luca Zampetti <zampetti@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Yes, I know that this has nothing to do with you - but I am installing
> debian linux for sparc on a SPARC machine and I am getting all the time
> during the decompression of the files from the CDROM error messages about
> "corrupt files" like this
>
> file: /instmnt/pool/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.9.21.sparc.deb was corrupt
>
> and if you hit enter
>
> cannot dowload dpkg
>
> and then the installation program breaks up.

I'm having the same problem installing woody on my SS20, except my messgae is
about libc. So far, I've tried pulling ISOs from different servers,
net-installs, jigdo, swapping drives, to no avail. I know it can be done, since
a buch of other people have Deb on SS20s. My next try is to install the base
floppies and then move to CD as was suggested earlier.

Out of curiosity, what machine are you trying to install onto?

-dave