Re: Packages that don't work [was Re: glibc2.1 and potato]

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> All the new packages will run with slink's glibc, they are perfectly
> compatible. Please report any problems to the contrary as we are set on
> having this compatability.

The following errors occur with libc6 2.0.105-2:

zsh from zsh_3.1.5.pws16-1_sparc.deb complains thusly on loading:
/usr/bin/zsh: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/bin/zsh: symbol
__rawmemchr, version GLIBC_2.1 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
reference

imagemagick_4.2.2-0.0_sparc.deb behaves very oddly, possibly
because libmagick4g-lzw hasn't been updated past 4.0.4-3 (which is the
version of my old imagemagick, which complained about a missing
__register_frame_info).

sendmail_8.9.3-3_sparc.deb complains:
/usr/sbin/sendmail: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/sbin/sendmail:
undefined symbol: __deregister_frame_inf
(sendmail_8.9.3-1_sparc.deb works fine.)

There are probably more, but these are the ones I have encountered so far.
To whom should I report these problems?  Package maintainers, this list, or
someone else entirely?

--
Jeffrey Sean Connell __ | Networking/Telecommunications Engineer, GXC
ankh@canuck.gen.nz   \/ | PGP key: http://www.canuck.gen.nz/~ankh/pgpkey.html