Re: Removal of ARM64 from jessie updates?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Fassbind, Benjamin wrote:

> Any reasons why this was removed?

On that day Debian jessie went from being the oldstable release to an
LTS release, which comes with a consequent reduction in the quantity
of supported packages and architectures and an end to point releases.
For Debian stretch, arm64 has been proposed as a supported LTS
architecture and when the time comes the architecture list will be
reviewed. I would suggest upgrading to Debian stretch and
participating in the LTS architecture discussion when the time comes.
Alternatively, you could rebuild the Debian jessie LTS updates for
arm64 for your own use or contact the LTS team to setup an unofficial
repository for such arm64 rebuilds.

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

BTW, would Roche be interested in sponsoring a replica of the snapshot
archive (and or other large Debian data archives like the conference
videos)? At this time we only have two replicas of the snapshot
archive and it might be useful to have more. The archive is now > 60TB
and probably growing > 5TB per year.

In addition, I note Roche is not listed as a user of Debian:

https://www.debian.org/users/

--
bye,
pabs