Processing every sid main Sources.xz from snapshot.d.o

I would like to do some statistical archaeology.  I think the easiest
way would be to download every available Sources.xz.  (I'm only
interested in sid main.)

I don't actually need the whole file.  Specifically, for each
snapshot, I just want to know: how many entries are there in Sources
and how many of those entries have a `Dgit' field.  I will want to
repeat this exercise in an incremental way, to generate a pretty
graph.

Is there a better way of doing this than downloading every
Sources.xz ?

Ian.