Re: Pylons and Python 2 EOL

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 2:47 AM, Matt Singleton wrote:

> Looking through the core infra packages, I noticed that snapshot depends on
> Pylons, which given it's not really being actively developed anymore,
> doesn't seem likely to get a Python 3 port.

Just an FYI, there are a few other important services using Pylons:

https://lists.debian.org/CAKTje6HkHt1L2v9veyJ3RTWQ0w65T4aWuoEMAXUB1tucYLhosg@mail.gmail.com
https://lists.debian.org/20150416144857.GA29959@pneumantius.dittberner.home

> Have y'all given any thought to where you want to go?

I don't have time to get involved in the discussion but either Django
or Flask seem fine. Django has more use within Debian so maybe go with
that unless the people who want to do the port prefer Flask.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise