Re: Server error, unable to download package

[Please keep the list in CC]

On Tue, 2014-09-16 at 20:58 +0200, Eric Keller wrote:

> thanks for filling out the bug report, I was wondering why the package
> once deleted from the repository still is defined in the indices?
> Wouldn't it be better to regenerate those of all snapshots targeted by
> the removal of a package?

The snapshot archive is a read-only historical record (modulo removal of
non-distributable), it does not and will not modify any of the files,
including the indices, which are just more files.

> Currently the mirroring of these snapshot with aptly is impossible
> because it tries to download a file which is still listed in it's
> indices and get the 403 error meaning the indices do not correspond to
> the repository structure.

You will need to teach aptly to ignore 403 errors or use another tool.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise