Re: Debian snapshot.debian.org replica on the Amazon cloud?

On 19/11/2013 6:23 PM, Peter Palfrader wrote:
On Sat, 12 Oct 2013, James Bromberger wrote:

On 12/10/2013 4:20 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 14:30 -0400, James Bromberger wrote:

So DSA opinion seems to be that the logistics of purchasing disks,
having somebody install them somewhere, then copying the data over and
shipping disks back is probably too hard and with decent connections the
transfer shouldn't take too long anyway, so online sync it is.
Perhaps I could do a small test then while we have the weekend... could
someone from DSA possibly install s3cmd on sibelius (from the Debian
package is perfect)? It would be nice if I could ssh in there with my
Debian credentials as well (jeb@d.o).
Seems part of that request was forgotten - while we had installed s3cmd
since mid October, we didn't export all the Debian accounts to sibelius
yes.  Fixed that now.

Cheers,

Cool. I'll try and log in over the next few days and have a poke around to sync into an S3 bucket (with an Archive/glacier policy on it). I'll drop into IRC as I do this (as "[JEB]") to answer questions.

  James

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to