Re: Stepping back from the Debian XML/SGML team, effectively orphaning all my packages (docbook*, xml-core, xmlto, etc. pp)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for maintaining these in good shape.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:24:17PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> x-post
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> I was part of the Debian XML/SGML team [1] for quite some time and it
> was fun maintaining the whole DocBook toolchain. Unfortunately I'm not
> using it anymore and thus have lost interest in these packages. Now
> after Jessie has been released, I'm finally stepping back as maintainer
> and as a group member of the team.
>
> This means, that all docbook*, sgml*, xml* packages are effectively
> _orphaned_, because there isn't any other active member in this group
> anymore (with the exception of the libxml2 maintainers and probably a
> few other packages).

Actually, I see very few DDs working on document processing tool chain
including tex.

> The good news is, most of the packages really don't require much
> attention. There are packages, which have not been touched since Wheezy!
> The exceptions probably are:

Very true.

> I hope, fresh blood will revive the team and lead to fresh ideas for the
> policy, the catalog system and the whole XML/SGML core of Debian.

I hope so too.  (I am maintaining debiandoc-sgml ...)

Osamu