w3c-markup-validator and w3c-sgml-lib

Daniel,
I have brought the two key projects I am working on into the SGML/XML repository and set the ownership on both packages to the group. They are working quite well in my test environment. Currently they are both lintian clean with arguments "-iI --pedantic" and build from pbuilder. However if you look at the changelogs there is still a lot to do.

I have settled on a strategy for getting over the ownership fo w3c-dtd-xhtml issues. I am making the w3c-sgml-lib package with

Conflicts: w3c-dtd-xhtml
Replaces: w3c-dtd-xhtml

and I will make w3c-markup-validator dependent on w3c-dtd-xhtml (as it is now). I will make the new w3c-markup-validator work with either (though it cannot be very well in the case of w3c-dtd-xhtml). When w3c-dtd-xhtml eventually goes I will make it depend on w3c-sgml-lib instead.

You may also notice that in w3c-sgml-lib there is a script that generates the config file for dh_installxmlcatalogs after reading the XML catalog. I believe that this could be useful.

Nicholas
begin:vcard
fn:Nicholas Bamber
n:Bamber;Nicholas