I want to join this group

  I am trying to get the w3c-markup-validator Debian package up to
date. As such I would like join the XML/SGML group (which seems a bit
moribund).

  Particular packages I need to work on are sgml-data and w3c-dtd-html.
The latter has a bug #555118 asking if it should be orphaned. I wish it
would because that is on my critical path.

  There is are several issues which are not necessarily clearly
documented in the bug reports (though I think they are more or less there):

* Modern DOCTYPES such as Basic XHTML 1.1 are not handled at all.
* w3c-markup-validator manages its own catalog for no reason that I can
see.
* The w3c-dtd-xhtml SYSTEM ids do not clearly yield the file path
* The w3c-dtd-xhtml package at least has a clear upstream source in
w3.org but no watch file and actually not really any good apparatus for
getting from the upstream package to what is required for Debian.
* Similar issues with sgml-data although I am still studying that. I
conjecture that actually sgml-data and w3c-dtd-xhtml have the same
upstream source. Both are currently marked as native packages.
* There are some other web server related issues but those are somewhat
further off my radar.

I am willing to help work through a lot of the groups issues though I
would like to stear clear of anything docbook specific.

Nicholas