Re: [xml/sgml] db2latex-xsl and alternatives for DocBook XML to PDF

From: Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org>
Subject: Re: [xml/sgml] db2latex-xsl and alternatives for DocBook XML to PDF
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:21:52 -0500

Hello Mark,

> Andreas Hoenen wrote:
> > From: Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org>
> > Subject: Re: [xml/sgml] db2latex-xsl and alternatives for DocBook XML to PDF
> > Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:21:38 -0400
> >

> > Thus I apply for maintaining the Debian dblatex package.  Benoit Guillon, the
> > upstream maintainer, is informed and agrees on getting dblatex packaged into
> > Debian.
> >
> > Some remaining questions:
> >
> > As I'm not a Debian Developer, I will need a mentor, won't I?  Anyone on this
> > list willing to do the job?
>
> I can try - but I honestly have no idea how the process works.
> Unfortunately, I also have little time to research it, too.
>
> If you tell me what I need to do, I'll go ahead and
> sponsor/advocate/mentor you. Just will need a little help, that's all.

Sorry, I think I have messed up with the terms: I do not want to become
an official Debian Developer, I just want to package dblatex.  Thus
according to my knowledge I need a sponsor for two tasks:

- To review my packaging efforts, until they are ready to be released.

- To finally upload them into Debian.

I hope this won't become too much work for the sponsor.  Mark, if you
could do this job, this would be great.

> > What about my GPG key?  I have generated one as it was needed to do the
> > packaging.  Do I need to have it signed by a Debian developer?
>
> Yes, I believe that's part of the process. Not always easy to
> accomplish, though.

The same messing up goes for my key: do I need to have it signed even if
not being an official DD?

And a final question: as I don't have a reasonably usable upload area
available in the internet, it would be the easiest way for me just
mailing you the package files (~ 600 KB).  Is this okay for you?

Regards, Andreas Hoenen

Andreas Hoenen   <andreas.hoenen@arcor.de>

GPG fingerprint: A4A6 E8B5 593A E89B 496B  82F0 728D 8B7E B888 D2CE