Re: [xml/sgml] db2latex-xsl and alternatives for DocBook XML to PDF

From: Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org>
Subject: Re: [xml/sgml] db2latex-xsl and alternatives for DocBook XML to PDF
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:21:38 -0400

> Andreas Hoenen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to advocate the dblatex solution:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> You've certainly convinced me that dblatex should be packaged - the fact
> that the KDE project wants to use it for their docs is a strong statement.
>
> Now if we can only find a volunteer to maintain the package...
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Hello Mark,

somehow I felt addressed by your call for a volunteer :-) Now, after some
evenings of learning and trying to build a Debian package out of dblatex, I'm
quite shure that I can do the job.  ("Debian New Maintainers' Guide" was of
great help.)  At least I have got a preliminary version of the package, which
properly installs and works on my host, and is even Lintian and Linda clean.
Some final work still is outstanding, but in some days I could provide a
package.

Thus I apply for maintaining the Debian dblatex package.  Benoit Guillon, the
upstream maintainer, is informed and agrees on getting dblatex packaged into
Debian.

Some remaining questions:

As I'm not a Debian Developer, I will need a mentor, won't I?  Anyone on this
list willing to do the job?

What about my GPG key?  I have generated one as it was needed to do the
packaging.  Do I need to have it signed by a Debian developer?  (I'm quite new
to the whole topic of GPG, thus I better ask how to deal with my key.)

Regards, Andreas Hoenen