Re: Where to put CatalogManager.properties files?

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on libxml-common-resolver1.1-java and I'd like to resolve
bug#268786[1]. As suggested by Mark, here are the possible locations for
the configuration file:

- - /etc/xml/commons/resolver/CatalogManager.properties
	- although this wasn't a suggestion, something like this would make
           sense if the developers wanted to put the file under /etc/xml.

I suggest /etc/xml/CatalogManager.properties. Can you give me different
POV? Thanks.

I like /etc/xml/resolver/CatalogManager.properties, or /etc/xml/commons/CatalogManager.properties, simply because they put the resolver config file in its own directory under /etc/xml/.

FWIW, I expect /etc/xml/ to gradually fill up as more and more xml-related packages are added, so it'd be (IMO) a little cleaner to put the CatalogManager.properties config file in its own directory. That said, I don't have any hard rationale for my perspective, its simply my opinion.

If I were maintaining this package, I'd put it in /etc/xml/resolver/CatalogManager.properties.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Johnson      <mrj@debian.org>
Debian XML/SGML:  <http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org>
Home Page:        <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242