Re: sgml-base dropping support for /usr/lib/sgml

Neil Roeth (neil@debian.org) wrote:
> On Jun  2, Ardo van Rangelrooij (ardo@debian.org) wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > The next version of sgml-base (to be uploaded in the weekend of June 20) will
>  > drop support for the obsolete and deprecated directory '/usr/lib/sgml'.
>
> What's the policy for local catalogs, i.e., those created by an admin and
> placed in the /usr/local tree?  They used to be in /usr/local/lib/sgml, should
> they now be in /usr/local/share/sgml?  Is it a bug for a package to reference
> the former rather than the latter?

Following the FHS 2.3 the official location is /usr/local/share/sgml.  That's
also what sgml-base creates.

So, I would have to say yes, that's a bug.  Packages should only reference
/etc/sgml, /usr/share/sgml and /usr/local/share/sgml.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij                                     Debian XML/SGML Group
<ardo@debian.org>              <debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>