Re: Location of entities

Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> writes:

> This is (probably) a bug in sgml-data, as that package should create
> symlinks instead of empty directories.

Actually, the root cause is a bug in dpkg.  There's no way, without
maintainer script work, to convert directories to symlinks during
package upgrade.  Should there be a note in the XML policy to this
effect?  This bug is going to happen to *everyone* who moves from
/usr/share/sgml to /usr/share/xml if they provide a compatability
symlink.

Aside: It kinda sucks that dh_link doesn't handle this case.  Blah.

Anyhow, I'll check out the bug.  I just fixed pretty much an identical
issue in docbook-xml yesterday.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>