Re: question about placements in /usr/share/xml

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 02:36:41PM +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshored.com> writes:
>
> > Read the Debian XML standard, it's pretty clearly indicated:
> > <http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/xml-policy/xml-subdir-layout.html#xml-custom-subdirs>
>
> /usr/share/xml/docbook/custom/website/$version
>                            VERSION
>                            catalog
>                            forms.mod
>                            website.dtd
>                            xsl/
>
>                                *.xsl
>                                *.xml
>
>     In the above, version represents the optional version number, for the
>     case when multiple versions are installed.
>
> Looks reasonable.  I guess "schema/dtd" and "schema/relaxng" will follow
> at the same level as "xsl".

Right. That section needs to be updated to reflect the current
website distribution. Thanks for the reminder:-)

> Pretty deep, but otherwise okay.

Yep, certainly deeper than the proposed LSB-SGML Addendum [1]. This,
in fact, was one of the points at which the Debian SGML Policy departed
from the Addendum. The Debian layout in /usr/share/[xml|sgml] is less
flat, and hence slightly deeper. (We [meaning me] like to think of it
as just slightly more organized.) Fortunately, it's relatively easy to
find stuff in either layout, so the differences are not that important.

Cheers,
Mark

[1] http://people.debian.org/~mrj/lsb-sgmlspec_cvs20020308/lsbsgml.html

--