Re: question about placements in /usr/share/xml

Karl Eichwalder <ke@suse.de> writes:

> In the past they said XML files only should go into the
> /usr/share/xml hierarchy.[...]Problem: DTDs are not XML files
> neither...

First time I've ever heard this (rather wacky) assertion.  I've always
been told /usr/share/xml is just an XML version of /usr/share/sgml.
Not to contain SGML or XML documents, necessarily, but concrete
references (declaration), DTDs, etc.  After all, XML DTDs are defined
by the XML standard.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>