Re: what to do about 'xmlcatalog' incompatability

Mark Johnson <mrj@ibiblio.org> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:02:54PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>>  - make update-xmlcatalog smarter, e.g., so, say, if someone edited
>>    /etc/xml/catalog by hand, that stuff wouldn't get stomped.
>
> Yeah, let's have Ardo do this, too. He's got plenty of time:)

Isn't it true that Debian policy states that configuration files must
preserve user changes during package upgrade?  Doesn't
update-xmlcatalog violate this directive?  I think this second way is
the way to go.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>