what to do about 'xmlcatalog' incompatability

I'm a little concerned about the incompatability between
update-xmlcatalog and xmlcatalog.  I think we need to do a little
better to fix this, or else we'll probably start receiving unfixable
bug reports.

I guess there's two possible approaches:

 - wrapper around xmlcatalog or something ?

 - make update-xmlcatalog smarter, e.g., so, say, if someone edited
   /etc/xml/catalog by hand, that stuff wouldn't get stomped.

I'm sure Ardo has thoughts about this...

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>