Re: question about placements in /usr/share/xml

Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> writes:

> If it doesn't have its own installation subdirectory, then it can't
> have a catalog and therefore can't be registered.

Right, ok.  You might make this clear in the policies.  If this is
the case for both SGML and XML I'm in non-compliance:

/usr/share/sgml/dtd/fo.dtd
/usr/share/sgml/dtd/mod-general.dtd
/usr/share/sgml/dtd/rdf.dtd
/usr/share/sgml/dtd/catalog

>> > FWIW, you might wanna check out the /usr/share/[sgml|xml] sections
>> > of the new 2.3 version of FHS. There are some specific directories
>> > that must be in /usr/share/xml & /usr/share/sgml. Seems pertinent to
>> > sgml-data. Here's the link:
>> >
>> > http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHARESGMLSGMLANDXMLDATA
>>
>> I don't get it.  What in there is relevant to specific files I'm
>> shipping in sgml-data?  Can you just tell me specific DTD/entities
>> you're talking about?
>
> Sure.
>
> - /usr/share/sgml/html is a required directory.*

Already there.

> - /usr/share/xml/xhtml is a required directory.*

sgml-data doesn't include xhtml anymore.

Thanks for your input/clarification.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>