Re: Where to put dtd's for my package?

Many thanks Adam, the package has already been released but I'll go with
your explanations  and also maybe help  Stefan Gybas to  put the servlet
dtd's in /usr/share/sgml also.

I'll post a message here when the next release will be available.

Adam DiCarlo <aph@debian.org> wrote:
> Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> writes:
>
> > I'm   packaging  libcommons-validator-java   from  the   apache  jakarta
> > group. The  project has two  dtd's (for xml)  and I wonder where  to put
> > them.
> >
> > I thought
> > /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/validator_1_0.dtd
> > /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/validator_1_0_1.dtd
> >
> > Is it correct? Does it have to many directories?
>
> No, but,I think it could be better, e.g.,:
>
> /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/1.0.1/validator.dtd
>
> Try to keep the DTD filename the same as upstream distributed?
>
> Do you really want /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/?
> How about just /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/validator/ ?  You would
> know better than I though.
> >
> > Do I have to make a catalog for  these dtd's?
>
> Yes, you should.
>
> > Do I have to create one in
> > the same location and use update-catalog to register it to /etc/sgml ?
>
> Yes.  See other XML packages for examples.  dh_installcatalogs makes
> it damn easy to do.

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.