Re: Where to put dtd's for my package?

Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> writes:

> I'm   packaging  libcommons-validator-java   from  the   apache  jakarta
> group. The  project has two  dtd's (for xml)  and I wonder where  to put
> them.
>
> I thought
> /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/validator_1_0.dtd
> /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/validator_1_0_1.dtd
>
> Is it correct? Does it have to many directories?

No, but,I think it could be better, e.g.,:

/usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/1.0.1/validator.dtd

Try to keep the DTD filename the same as upstream distributed?

Do you really want /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/commons/validator/?
How about just /usr/share/sgml/apache/jakarta/validator/ ?  You would
know better than I though.

> Do I have to make a catalog for  these dtd's?

Yes, you should.

> Do I have to create one in
> the same location and use update-catalog to register it to /etc/sgml ?

Yes.  See other XML packages for examples.  dh_installcatalogs makes
it damn easy to do.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>