Re: Convert a catalog to XML

On Thursday, February 13, Frederic Schutz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the (new) w3c-dtd-xhtml (1.1-1) package has just been accepted into
> the Debian archive so I'm starting to think about -2. Following Adam's
> suggestion, I'd like to add XML catalogs to the package.

> Does anyone have a tool that could convert (at least in part) the
> present catalogs to XML catalogs ?

John Cowan from the OASIS Entity Resolution Committee (creators of the
XML Catalogs spec) has written a perl script that converts a
9401-compliant socat to an XML catalog.

You can get it from his post to the committee list:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/entity-resolution/200106/msg00021.html

I've played around with it and it does work. 'Hope this helps.

(FWIW, Ardo may be working on & modifying this script. Not sure,
though.)

Hope that helps...

Cheers,
Mark