Re: proposed change to SGML policy: symlinks

On , February 6, Adam DiCarlo wrote:

> I propose that we remove the symlinking of stuff under the sgml dir,
> e.g., /usr/share/sgml/OASIS/dtd/DocBook_V4.1 ->
> ../../docbook/dtd/4.1/docbook.dtd .

I agree.

AFAIK, none of the parsers use the old SGML FPI-to-directory-path
mapping, anyway. They find the stuff using the catalogs.

> Is this symlink still useful for anything?

Not that I am aware of.

> Or is it just adding complexity for no added value?

I believe this is indeed the case.

I vote to ditch these type of symlinks.

My $0.02,
Mark

Mark Johnson        <mark@dulug.duke.edu>
Debian XML/SGML     <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81