Re: [docbook-dev] Re: adding xml & tr9401 catalogs...

On Saturday, January 25, Bob Stayton wrote:
[...]

> Did you see that I checked in a catalog.xml for website?

Yep. But I did notice that your (commented-out) entry

 <nextCatalog catalog="/usr/share/xml/website-2.4.0/catalog.xml" />

refers to files placed in /usr/share/xml/...

Since we over here at Debian are working on an XML Catalog implementation
that's FHS-compliant, we've decided to stick with /usr/share/sgml/... (as
unnatural as that may seem). I (personally) would like to see FHS add
/usr/share/xml to the FHS standard, but they haven't yet done so.

So naturally, my question is: what Linux distro are you working with that
makes use of /usr/share/xml?

Maybe we can (re-)start a discussion at
<freestandards-fhs-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net> as to whether the FHS spec
ought to include /usr/share/xml. Sound reasonable?

(BTW, I'm cc:ing debian-sgml on this, as this is very much a current issue
for us. 'Hope doing so doesn't create list moderation problems for
docbook-dev.)

Mark

Mark Johnson        <mark@dulug.duke.edu>
Debian XML/SGML     <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81