Re: SGML/XML Policy Group - XML Catalog Update

Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> writes:

> I'm surprised that you find this surprising:)

Actually it makes sense.  I used to know this but when I gave up
maintaining jade/openjade I forgot it all.

The only thing that would break would be relative system references in
documents which assume prefix of /usr/share/sgml, but I would guess
that is rather rare.

Anyhow -- are we going to ignore /usr/share/xml or embrace it?  Last I
heard we're waiting for FHS to opine on the matter, and until then,
stick with /usr/share/sgml.  I personally don't much see the point of
a separate /usr/share/xml but I'm known as something of a fuddy-duddy.