Re: debian xml-sgml policy

On , January 18, Adam DiCarlo wrote:

> Mark, you might wanna peruse http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp,
> esp. http://www.debian.org/doc/cvs .

Will do. Thanks.

> Ok, lets go ahead and start moving forward.

Okilly Dokilly!

> Title: Debian SGML/XML Policy
> DDP Section: Developers' manuals
> Maintainer: Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org>
> Contributors: Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org> and hopefully others
> Abstract: Subpolicy for Debian packages providing SGML and XML materials.
> CVS module name: sgml-xml-policy (?)
> Format: DocBook XML  (?)
> License: GPL (?)
>
> Should I go ahead and create 'sgml-xml-policy' and start adding the
> Makefiles?

Sure. Get it going. And thanks for doing so.

We (I, actually) don't have to use debiandoc, do we?

If not, let's stick to docbook-xml. As I go along I'll think about
writing a dtd customization layer to subset docbook-xml down to
something smaller and more fitting to the task. (I actually enjoy
writing dtd customizations...)

And BTW, Won't the makefiles depend on the dtd, processor and
stylesheets? I'd prefer to use xsl (rather than dsssl), and would like
to have the option of using different xslt processors. I don't know if
any of this is relevant at this point, but I thought I should mention
it anyway...

Thanks again,
Mark

Mark Johnson        <mark@duke.edu>
Debian XML/SGML     <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81