do we need more policy drafts? (was Re: XML Catalog Policy Draft 1)

Mark, as much as I appreciate your work, I don't think we need more
policy drafts.  We need a working xml-core, and also for someone to
take the drafts out there already (Ardo and mine, yours, LSB-XML, and
the SGML drafts now in /usr/share/doc/sgml-base-doc) and making a
unified Debian SGML/XML policy draft which is suitable.

I think this Document should be in the DDP area, possibly as
"sgml-xml-policy".

I think this document should be designed to be suitable for eventually
being raised to the following status:

  - part of Debian policy

  - an improved and updated LSB proposal (with minor alterations of
course)

I am not volunteering to steer or lead this this, but I volunteering
to help.