Re: Debian package sgml-data: XHTML 1.0 2nd ed, XHTML 1.1 etc

Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> writes:

> > We really do need a volunteer to package XHTML.
>
> id be happy to make an attempt at it.

> > OTOH, DTD packages are damn easy to maintain and change infrequently,
> > and I have a lot of experience with them.
>
> should i look at the sgml-data package as an example for packaging the
> xhtml dtd package?

I would suggest actually looking at docbook-xml.  That is more like
what you want to do.

I sincerely hope you can take XHTML 1.0 also.  Let me know...

When XHTML 1.2 or 2.0 comes out, I would suggest adding it to the
single pkg.  Since IMHO one pkg per major version of XHTML is too many
packages, and OTOH, it's good to provide all versions of XHTML which
users may still be using (legacy documentation), I suggest what I did
for docbook-xml:

  docbook-xml/
              4.2/       # latest version
              4.1.2/     # prev version

These were unpackage from upstream and this used to create an
orig.tar.gz.  The pkg version here would be 4.2 (the latest) tho
earlier DTDs are included.  For you, the XHTML pkg would include 1.0
and 1.1.

Feel free to grab/adapt docbook-xml/debian/install-dtds which is the
script I use which walks thru each version dir installing the various
files where they need to be.