docbook-website handholding needed to get started

Hello,

I'm trying to create a website using docbook-website. No luck so far,
I wrote the .xml files following the examples that come with
docbook-website. When I try to process them, I get a screenfull of
errors from the system files before the files I wrote are processed.

I think the way I try to process the files is all wrong, because I get
silly errors, for example

openjade:Kameraseura.xml:3:66:E: cannot find "file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/website/2.0b1/website.dtd"; tried "file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/website/2.0b1/website.dtd", "/usr/local/share/sgml/file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/website/2.0b1/website.dtd", "/usr/local/lib/sgml/file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/website/2.0b1/website.dtd", "/usr/lib/sgml/file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/website/2.0b1/website.dtd"

That file is there.

I have tried jade, xsltproc, saxsoncat, openjade but they all fail badly.

I'm running Debian Woody. I read debian-sgml mail archives, and there
were talks about the unstable version being better. I could install
unstable to one host, if that is indeed better, but would like to know
that it really makes things better.

Anyway, could someone knowledgeable help me to get started with
docbook-website? I used to work with dockbook, but it makes so
booklike websites, I decided to try website.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI